BRIDGE EDUCATION’S COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING AND SAFER RECRUITMENT:
The safety and welfare of the children we support is our priority. Safer recruitment is a vital part of creating a safe and positive environment for the children in our care.
“Every child, regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation, has a right to equal protection from harm” NSPCC
Here at Bridge, we are fully confident that we operate the most robust and stringent procedures to ensure all children and young people are safe in the care of our staff.
Prior to any Candidate being offered work with Bridge Education, the following recruitment checks are undertaken:
Documented proof of the following is required from candidates:
- An Enhanced DBS Certificate appropriate to the workforce designation of the role: Where the DBS is not the result of a new application, their information is verified as current by carrying out DBS Update Service check.
- A barred list check: carried out separately in addition to the DBS check on the Teacher Pensions website.
- Right to work in the UK
- Professional qualification(s)
- Photographic identification check
- Further checks as required (for individuals who have lived/worked outside the UK)
In addition to the above, Bridge Education also verifies:
- A minimum of two written references covering at least 2 years of current work/education history.
- A full comprehensive CV covering 10 years of Employment and/or Education history.
- Proof of National Insurance.
- Details of any name changes and sight of original documents of: marriage, divorce and deed poll documents.
- Verification of qualifications, including induction certificate, relevant teaching certificates and education certificates.
- Verification of eligibility to work in the UK for overseas teachers including visa documentation and overseas documents.
If any Candidate does not meet all of our pre-employment checks necessary to comply with our Safeguarding compliance standards, then they will not be accepted onto our books.
In addition, Candidates who are registered and working for Bridge Education have their compliance continually updated on an annual basis. However, any Candidate who has not worked for Bridge Education for 3 months or more are then subject to further updated compliance checks.